Sunday 9 September 2012

I Love Fall!

EXCEPT for my allergies... I am lost in a fog of sneezes until the first frost. But regardless, I decided I would kick off the fall season with a wreath.

I wanted to keep it simple AND cheap, so I hit up the dollar store and snipped out a couple Micheal's coupons. My wreath took me an hour and a half and ~$12 to assemble (I'm fairly thrift, but I bet you could even do it for even less!)

Supplies
- Twine/Vine Wreath; I grabbed it from Micheal's on sale for $4.99 CAD (woo Canada!)
- Approx 5 Steams of fall leaves/flowers; a dollar each from the Dollar store.
- Glue gun and sticks

Steps
1.) Cut the stems of leaves into smaller more manageable stems.
2.) Let the creativity flow and start arranging and gluing down the stems!

Pretty simple - and I only burned my self on my glue gun twice *highfive*!

Ha ha - you can see my reflection in the picture... ah well...

It turned out better than I had imagined - I came home from groceries later that day and I caught myself was oogling my own wreath! It add a really nice touch to the front of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment