Wednesday 12 September 2012

If Paint Chips are Free...



... Then why is it when I pick some up for a craft, it FEELS like stealing? I convince myself and my husband that we are repainting a few rooms in our house as an alibi. And I get CRAZY nervous if a worker is watching me - I have even walked over to the paint can section to convince everyone (who I think maybe watching me) that I AM considering buying paint. I need to chill...

Well that was a side note to what I actually wanted to talk about... I’m currently using an old receipt as a bookmark but I have really wanted something “prettier” – so I’m making paint chip bookmarks!

Duration: 30 mins - 1 hour
Difficulty: Easy peezy (… lemon squeezy)

Supplies

  • Paint chips
  • Stamps
  • Scissors
  • Hole punch
  • Ribbon
  • Paper cutter


Steps

  1. Cut down your paint chips to bookmark size - remove parts with writing and round the corners.
  2. Stamp away!
  3. Hole punch the top, feed the ribbon through and using the scissors, curl the ribbon ends.
  4. You’re done!


I went a little nuts, and I made one for each of my family members. And on some, I added a little shimmer to make them all fancy-like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment